Today is the last day of 2017. This was an exciting year for me as I started my own business, and so far it has been going really well. I also traveled quite a bit and am working on my health. (Although, that is a work in progress.)
I wanted to get some professional and personal resolutions written down, and I wanted to post them to give myself another degree of accountability.
- WRITE MORE. I have gotten really caught up in my clients’ postings that I have neglected my own blogs this year. I can and should do both. My goal is one blog post per week on The Traveling Gals and AEE Marketing. Obviously if there is something going on and I don’t have time I’m not going to beat myself up about missing a week, but this is what I am going to aim for in 2018.
- EAT HEALTHIER. I have been seeing a nutritional coach to start with small, actionable steps to start eating healthier and having more energy. I am signed up for some runs, and I hope to continue on my path to eating healthier. That’s not to say that I cannot have a piece of pizza every once in a while, but I know that I feel better overall when I am eating better.
- EXERCISE REGULARLY. My goal is to run at least 3 times a week and walk for at least 15-30 minutes every day. Since I sit at my computer all day (and sometimes all night), it’s important to get up and away from the screen.
- READ MORE BOOKS. Over Christmas vacation I actually sat by the pool and read a book. (It was a Stuart Woods book, which are all great.) It was so relaxing, and I felt so recharged afterwards.
- SAVE MONEY. I have not been the best at saving money, and this is something I need to make more of an effort to do. One of the easiest way to save is to automatically transfer money to a separate savings account. I do this every two weeks, and it’s a small enough amount that I don’t notice it but it does add up over time.
- CONTINUE WRITING. I love writing blog posts and articles. (Contact me if you need any written for your website!) I would like to grow this part of my business.
- STICK TO MORE OF A SCHEDULE. I have the tendency to be all over the place when I’m working from home. I get everything done, but probably not in the most efficient way. I would like to have more of a schedule throughout the day. I purchased some good planners to keep myself more organized.
- CONTINUE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. I want to take more classes and be more involved in the social media marketing community to make more connections, but also to keep on the forefront of everything that’s going on. Social media changes constantly, and it’s important to always know be aware of the changes.
I am super excited to see what 2018 brings! I have a few trips planned, and some big projects that I’m working on. Here’s to another year!
Happy New Year!